Sunday, June 8, 2008

TRI, tri again

Well, I did it! I am officially a "Woman of Steel," I completed my first triathlon. (conveniently named the Woman of Steel Triathlon). "Triathlon?" you say, "Kristy in a triathlon?" Yes, it is true . . . and no, hell did not freeze over. Last year I got this crazy idea that I should try to do a triathlon. I don't know why, it just struck my fancy. I wanted to get my body back in shape both physically and mentally and I knew exercise would do it. I was tired of dancing to DVDs in my living room and decided to try something I've never attempted before . . . to be athletic. I trained my heart out for weeks on end and then May 17th was the tri. It of course was a sprint triathlon, but it was a blast. My swim time was crap and I panicked in the water, but I got over it and my running time was a personal best. My family and Ben's family came out to cheer me on and it was awesome! I think I will do more triathlons this summer now that I know what to expect. I talked Ben into doing a 10k with me on the 24th of July before the big Pioneer Parade in Salt Lake. I'm really looking forward to it!
P.S. I know you are just dying for me to post pictures of my triathlon, but no, I think I'll NOT post those for all to see.

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are a crazy girl! I can't believe it, I might need pictures for proof, just kidding. Congrates, that's pretty impressive. I've decided I like blogging because it's so nice to see what's going on in everyone's life. I'll add you to my blog of friends.

Ms. Karlyn said...

Okay, this is one of my dreams, and I am not even kidding! I may need to call you to find out how to train. I am so lazy!

Cute freakin family and home.