This morning Ben took Roxy out around 7am to go potty. Roxy was sniffing around and came face-to-face with Pepe la Pew snoozing on our front lawn! Okay so it wasn't the real Pepe, this skunk didn't seem French and he didn't wear a bow tie, but he was a stinky skunk nonetheless! Ben sprung into action and quickly turned into Super Ben (our skunk busting hero). He called Roxy back in the house before disaster struck (however, Ben HAS been plotting to "rid" himself of our less-than-potty-trained puppy but having the dog sprayed by a skunk was going a bit far). Luckily Ben returned Roxy to safety. He then proceeded to devise a plan to safe our neighborhood from utter disaster. (I, on the other hand, called Animal Control only to be told they do not respond to skunk problems---losers.) So, it was up to our brave hero to save us all. After pelting the poor thing with dirtballs we were now stuck with a dirty skunk in our front yard and elementary school time was rolling around. (Problem: Elementary age boys walking to school + skunk = big time disaster) Next our hero turned on our sprinklers. The little critter got wet, and that's about it. However, he did move to the driveway for a warmer resting spot. (and I believe he was getting a little ticked off, both the skunk and Ben). Thankfully, Ben the Skunk Busting Hero acquired a sidekick, Skunk Woman. (formally known as Trish Smith our neighbor with four boys dying to get their hands on the skunk . . . ) Trish said we needed to capture it. Ben asked how and Trish quickly responded, "I'm from Hennifer." So, in an effort to prevent her boys from getting to the skunk, she bravely put a Tupperware bin over it!!! What a woman! Next, Ben slid a sheet of plywood under the box. Ta-da! Our dynamic duo trapped the skunk! They carried the little fella to a near (but not too nearby) field. Where he was safely deposited. Whew! What an eventful morning! We are investing in a spotlight with a huge skunk shadow to summon our hero in a time of need. If you would like to donate to the cause please give me a call: 1-800-SKUNK-BUST.
private.
6 years ago

8 comments:
Your the 2nd person i've herd of with a skunk. What is up with these little devil's.
Oh of course and I will be visiting your blog too!
I htink your dog needs a friend just have the vet remove the stink button :)
Ben's pretty brave to take on a shunk even with a big tupperware container. I am so glad for you guys that it didn't get the dog or any of you, CAN YOU IMAGINE.
I can't believe animal control doesn't take care of skunks! Isn't that their JOB?! Way to go Ben and Trish!
I would never have thought of sticking a tupperware bin on a skunk. Good thinking!
YIKES!! Brave man, that Ben!! :)
Gotta Love the skunks... We live on the west side of Lehi, the "country" side. We've had quite a few of them smelly skunks. Gary gets his pellet gun out and shoots them.. We have to do it late at night so nobody sees the Myers family running around the neighborhood with a gun... I don't think that would go over too well with the Cop that lives down the street!! GO BEN!!! Good job you guys, I'm impressed. Honestly I didn't know you had that in you.
This made me laugh out loud! I love your write up, I can just imagine the entire play-by-play. I'm loving this blog!
Post a Comment