Saturday, September 13, 2008

Yeehaw!

For Hailey's birthday party I did the big one . . . I rented a pony! When I lived in Centerville my neighbor (Layna) had a pony party for her son. I don't think Hailey wasn't even born yet. I watched the whole party from afar and I vowed that one day, my child would have a pony party. So the day finally came! Thank heavens Hailey's birthday is in a good weather month (else my fantasies of a pony party would be crushed). It was a wonderful party. When the girls arrived (it was mostly girls) they made a pony charm bracelet. Then, we did a pony pinata, finally the pony arrived (he was late) and the kids each got a turn to ride and a turn to walk the pony while someone else rode him. His name was Prince and the girls totally fell in love with him. It was a great party. A little chaotic, but great!


This is the whole party, mostly. The guy holding the little girl is not Ben, it is the girl's father. The guy at the back is the horse guy. My mom is sitting with Aubrey on her lap.

The birthday girl!

6 comments:

angela said...

Wow, what a great party! I am so glad you had a great day for it and Hailey is a darling 5-year-old. (Although she can't be 5...can she? Wasn't she just born...5 minutes ago???)

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Wow! I can just imagine how popular that party was! Maybe I'll have to keep that in mind for when Lilian gets older...

Layna said...

Kristy, you are doing an awesome job with your blog. I love seeing all your cute photos. I knew the girls would love the party, it's fun to see the cute photo of Hailey on the pony. Keep up the good work it looks awesome!

Corinne said...

what a fun party. I love the picture of Hailey riding the horse. Soo cute!

Jennie said...

What an awesome party, and a lucky girl!

Kim said...

Ok...you are SUPERMOM!!! I am so happy I get to see your blog now! SO fun running in to you today...you always did have a way of making my heart happy. Awesome to have you back in my world!