Friday, December 19, 2008

Tinker Bell Retraction


Okay, so many of you know that I have been totally anti-Tinker Bell. It has always bugged me that she seemed so sexual and had a very immodest outfit. It might just be because I really wanted things to work out between Peter Pan and Wendy and Tink always got in the way. Well, I just watched the Tinker Bell movie and it has changed my mind. I need to issue a retraction on my original opinion on Tinker Bell. I liked that she is a worker fairy and learned to love herself for who she is. I think it is a good example for my girls. (although I still think she is very immodest, but really all the Disney Princesses are too. I mean really, Ariel? Jasmin?) Anyway, I retract my original "Tinker Bell is a slut" comment.

5 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

My kids loved the Tinker Bell movie...even 12 year old Rebekah. I think she watched it twice! I think I need to buy it so Lilian can watch it when she gets a little older. Cute, cute. I never thought Tinker Bell was a slut but yeah, she is pretty immodest, isn't she? Never really thought about it before.

Alisa said...

Well, I haven't seen the Tinker Bell movie but I do agree with you about her itty bitty outfit. I do know about a series of books about Tinker Bell and her world of fairies that are very popular with JJ's niece. Maybe she is more modest in paperback ;-)

Rochelle said...

I've heard that the new Tinker Bell movie is cute. I'll have to watch it. Thanks for sharing your true feelings :)

wuxiheather said...

HA! Ha! Ha! Ha! I love Tinker Bell. :) And I think Tink's short skirt is better than Ariel or Jasmine's outfits so yeah. However, I watched the Peter Pan movie with Spencer on Sunday, the one that came out in like 2004 with the real people in it (the one where they do that whole "I do believe in fairies" chant) and I was very bugged that Peter doesn't end up with Wendy. I knew it all along, but I still thought it was totally lame.

Corinne said...

you crack me up. ok you are the one that needs to update your blog!