Yes, I admit. I am an infomercial junkie. I love watching them and I occasionally even buy the stuff. LONG before AquaGlobe was everywhere, it was on TV, and I bought one . . . off the TV. For some reason I imagined it would water the plant without my babysitting it. Keep in mind I received this plant as a wedding gift and we are coming up on our ten year anniversary so I've managed thing until now. (note: plant=not good wedding gift) Well, my plant slowly started to die. So, I did what any amazingly brilliant person would do . . . I put TWO AquaGlobes in it! Yeah, so it still looked pretty bad. Grrrr! I was so bothered because I hate wasting money (I also hate feeling duped into buying a crappy infomercial product) so to remedy the situation I went to Walmart bought a cheap plastic plant and ta-da, put the AquaGlobe in it! Much better!
BEFORE

AFTER :)
9 comments:
I'm just seriously impressed that you kept a plant alive for almost 10 years. My mother-in-law calls my house "the place plants go to die." I can't keep a house plant alive longer than 6 months.
Great idea! I love informercials to...we all want "Snuggies" in my family. Heard of them?
The AquaGlobe is probably my sons' favorite infomercial. I wondered where he learned the word multi and then I saw it for myself. I alway wanted an AquaGlobe, but sad they don't work so well.
I still haven't used my aqua globes...Mike got them for me for Christmas, but I don't have any live plants! Lol. The reason for this is because they die within 3 weeks of me having them so...yeah. We'll see if we ever get any more new plants and I just might test out my aqua globes just to see for myself. Now, speaking of infomercials...when're you gonna get a Sham-WOW? Cause THAT is what I really wanna know about! The infomercial looks pretty DANG awesome!
Oh yeah, and I forgot to say, Aqua Globes aren't the most awesome fashion statement...I think it's pretty funny you put it in a fake plant! Lol!
In response to my sister Heather, I got Ben Sham-wow for his birthday!!!
OH THAT IS TOO FUNNY. I AM WITH YOU I HATE LIVE PLANTS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO HARD TO TAKE CARE OF! I AM AN ARTIFICIAL KIND OF GIRL.
So . . . When I was at your house and asked you what that thing was and you told me it was an aqua globe and that it was to water your plants, you didn't tell me your plant was fake. I even made a big deal about how green and healthy your plant looked. I can't believe you didn't tell me that it was fake. I almost went to the store and bought a plant just so I could use and aqua globe and actually have a plant live!
Haha! I loved this. I, too, am an infomercial junkie. My latest purchase - Mighty Mendit. Have you seen it? I'll let you know if it really will fix an American flag which will then hold together in hurrican-force winds :-)
Post a Comment