Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas 2008

We had a wonderful Christmas. It's hard to capture the magic of Christmas in a photo. It's the feelings that make the season so special. I must say, I enjoy Christmas more as a parent watching my children, than I even enjoyed it as a child myself. Here are a few photos.

In case you didn't recognize him, Santa put his name on his belt buckle. Personally, I thought the red suit and white beard were a dead give-away.I love this picture. To me it is magical. This is a picture of Hailey and Aubrey putting out the reindeer food. I love the mountains in the background and the grey sky. I sewed the skirts they are wearing (they got to pick their own fabric). It is a very sentimental picture for me.

And of course, I had to include the "Night Before Christmas" new Christmas PJs photo. (The girls picked out Ben's PJ's!)

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Come on Santa just needed some bling. The girls look a little scared of him.

Lisa B. said...

I love the picture of your girls.

Alisa said...

You sewed those skirts?! You are amazing. I love the photo too, so much of childhood and life going on in there. Ben's pajames are FANTASTIC, now that's a good dad!

Rachel said...

I love the skirts that you made. They are darling how come you didn't take sewing with Alisa and I at BHS?

Corinne said...

love the picture of your girls. and ben's pj's are making me laugh. did it get you another date in the van?

wuxiheather said...

Nice shirt on Ben! Lol! I love it! Okay, and SINCE WHEN DO YOU SEW??! What is that all about! I thought we were all equally homemaking-inept, apparently I am left alone in the dust on this one! When're you gonna teach me?

Rochelle said...

Great pictures! I wish Christmas could last longer. It took me quite a while to be ready to take down decorations :) Thanks for the fun post.

angela said...

I haven't read any blogs lately and I am sorry I am slow to comment on this. That belt buckle is the FUNNIEST THING I HAVE SEEN in a long time. And the skirts (and photo) are gorgeous. I am really impressed! If you will teach me to sew, I will teach you to knit!

I am so behind that our Christmas photos are still in the camera, not downloaded to the computer. Maybe by Valentines...