Merry Christmas 2011
We had a good Christmas this year. It was a little quiet, nothing terribly exciting, but for this year, that is a good thing. Christmas Day was on a Sunday and our church is at 9am. I thought it would be more painful that it was. It was actually a really nice thing, we didn't let the girls open any gifts until we got back home from sacrament meeting (we only had sacrament meeting). It really drove home the true meaning of Christmas, a celebration of Christ's birth. The ward choir sang and it was a lovely morning. I actually sang my first duet. Karamie and I sang a beautiful version of "Away in a Manger." I haven't sang anything since high school and it was nice to enjoy music like that again. I was nervous but it went well enough. Here are a few pictures from our Christmas season.
 |
| The girls and I made home made ginger bread cookies. Messy, but fun! |
 |
| We took Ashley to see Santa. She was not trilled with it! He was really good to her. |
 |
| On Christmas Eve we always go to Powells. This is my girls on Christmas Eve day ready to go to Grandma and Grandpas. |
 |
| Christmas morning. We all got new Christmas footie pajamas, Ben got Grinch ones and I got Pink Panther (sorry Ben and I are not pictured . . . but that's a good thing). |
1 comment:
You definitely need to sing more! You have a beautiful voice! I love the picture of Ashley on SAnta's lap. Those first years with Santa are pretty funny huh? Well, keep blogging my friend! Hope everythings going well :)
Post a Comment