Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vampires and Visiting Teaching

As many of you know, I lost my copy of Eclipse (from the Twilight series) and I was very upset about it. I turned my house upside down looking for it and only found the jacket to it (so annoying). I emailed everyone I know who could had possibly borrowed it and asked for them to give it back. Of course everyone said they weren't the ones who borrowed it (and I knew someone was lying). It has been eating me up that I can't find that book, now my collection won't be complete!
Last night I went visiting teaching. While my partner was sharing the message my wandering eyes landed on a copy of Eclipse without its jacket! "That's my book!" I abruptly blurted out in the middle of the discussion of premortal life. After some glares from my partner, the sister we were visiting admitted that it was indeed my book and BEN had loaned it to her MONTHS ago and she had been meaning to return it! (Does she not know my collection is not complete without it and my type A personality can't handle it?) Whew! What a great visit! I am so glad that I am apart of this wonderful organization that lets me get my stuff back! SO DO YOUR VISITING TEACHING, IT'S AWESOME!!!

Disclaimer: I really do like VT and I do have a testimony of it's inspired usefulness . . . and I'm also glad I found my book.

6 comments:

angela said...

That is the funniest story I have heard in a long time.

angela said...

This is Jeff. Talk about attitude! You are hilarious.

Steph said...

So . . . I like your changed greeting message!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

I have heard these are good books.. I should read them. You are great and I can totally hear you blurt that out! You're so great!! I'm so glad you found it. I hate it when I am missing things.. There are a couple things of Madi's I wish we could find.. Oh well... Have a great day!

Ange said...

yeah for complete book collections!

about us said...

You crack me up...I'm so glad I found your blog so I can keep up on your family (whether you would like me to or not)!