Our project this spring was to put in a yard. When we moved in last summer the front yard was sort-of in and the back was just weeds. We put in sprinklers, sod, shrubs, etc. I am so happy to have a backyard where the kids can play! I also added a grow box where we are attempting to grow a salsa garden, we'll see how that goes. I also planted pumpkins and if all goes well we will have tons of Halloween pumpkins from our own garden! I think that sounds like so much fun! The girls insisted we have a strawberry patch and grow strawberries (just like Strawberry Shortcake). Hailey claims she will playing the yard and when she gets hungry she will just eat strawberries. She is determined to make this little plan work. However, the girls don't really understand why our strawberries are taking so long, when Strawberry Shortcake plants her seeds they grow immediately; thus, Mom must be doing something wrong. They say I need to add more sunshine . . . I'm working on that.
Also, I want to add a big thank you to all the family and friends that came to help lay sod. That was one rockin' sod party!

6 comments:
Welcome to the blog-o-sphere :) Your yard looks great, congrats!
LOVE your new house! W.O.W. It's beautiful! How fun for you guys! :) We need to get together this summer!
HUGS
yea for blogging and yea for a yard!!
This is Kenyon's wife - Annie. Your yard and home look great. That is so much work!! Thanks for sharing your blog with us.
Your yard looks great! Thanks for inviting me to see your blog. I can't believe you did a triathalon. Way to go!
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Love your house. Wow...you guys are really grown-ups now. ;) I am jealous of the yard. I hope someday mike graduates and we can live the live of the MD :)
Post a Comment