Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gee, Thanks Mickey (and Hailey)

This is a little conversation Hailey and I had this morning (while Hailey was watching Mickey Mouse)


Hailey- Mom come here you NEED to see this.

Me- Yeah? What is it.

Hailey- Look, Mom . . . look at how Mickey is driving . . . did you see?

Me- (without much enthusiasm) Yeah, that's great.

Hailey- No Mom, LOOK! He's stopping at the stop sign! SEE! That's what YOU need to do!!

Me- WHAT? I stop at stop signs!!

Hailey- No, you don't. You need to Mom, you need to like Mickey does.


It's pretty sad when your four year old is giving you driving lessons! I can just imagine what she'll be like at 15 when taking Driver's Ed!

Disclaimer: I live in freaking Farmington. I swear, I see no reason to stop in the middle of a corn field when there is no car in sight for miles! I have been bad and some stop signs here seem optional, but now that I know I have eyes watching, I'll have to be better. It sucks getting driving tips from Mickey Mouse!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That is a funny story. Tyler is now asking me if im going the speed limit cuz he does'nt want the manager to come get mad at me. I always drive the speed limit, what is he talking about?!
P.S. cute dog, but I never saw you as a dog person. Who's bed does she sleep in?

Alicia W. said...

Ha ha! Adria is the backseat driver at our house...it's pretty funny to hear her telling Shane that he's going too fast!