Wednesday, November 12, 2008

All dogs go to heaven

We went to Disneyland (posts coming) this last week and had a wonderful time. However, while we were gone, our sweet Roxy (she's the family dog, if you're new to this blog) was in an accident and died. She was just five months old, and we've had her for three months. We really had a wonderful time with her while she was with us. She will be dearly missed. I am learning that from experiences like this, come a lot of great teaching (and learning) experiences too. We waited until we got home and settled a little to tell the girls. We buried her in the backyard and said a prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for letting us have her and enjoy her. Then I took the girls to Costco. Hailey had to go potty and we were in the bathroom in different stalls. Hailey decided right then is the perfect time to engage in a conversation about Jesus and the Resurrection (yelling between stalls). "You know Mom, people will come back to life after they die because of Jesus, I bet Roxy will do that too! Don't you think Mom?" I mean really, how do I answer that in the Costco stall? So far, the girls have really been at peace with it all. I let them see the body and pet her one last time. Children are so resilient. I am blessed with such sweet girls. We love you Roxy!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

oh how sad, what happened? good to hear that the girls are ok with it.

Kim and Steve said...

So sorry about your sweet dog! Looks like you are teaching Hailey the right things!

Alisa said...

I am so so sorry about this. Roxy was such a sweet little puppy.

Ginny said...

so sorry...yet another reason i don't need a pet. we had enough conversation over the fish that died less than one week after we got it!! i'm so glad you can see the benefit in dealing with it...and that the girls are doing ok. can't wait to see the posts of your trip!

Alicia W. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your puppy. That is so very sad.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh I am so sorry!! How sad.

Jennie said...

Sorry to hear about your puppy :( How sad!

Layna said...

Kristy we will miss Roxy too,
especially Mckinly. She was a
really cute dog. We are glad
we knew her. I love that even
through hard life experiences
you can always look ahead and
sometimes see the humor. The
Costco thing totally made me
laugh out loud, I can just hear
Hailey's voice know. We love
you guys. McKay's