Friday, November 14, 2008

Forget Mickey, Gimme Ryan Seacrest!

Our trip to Disneyland was fantastic with many unexpected twists and turns along the way. I am going to post all of the highlights as separate posts. The first is below:

On our first day in Disneyland they were filming the Disney Christmas Parade that will air on ABC Christmas morning. Little did we know, the Jonas Brothers were performing that morning for the Special. A Disney employee said "this way" to me and I found myself leading my family to the front row to see the Jonas Brothers. They said we had to wait about 20 minutes and then the boys would sing one song. Naw, I'll pass. We left our front stage spot and moved on to Peter Pan's flight. (Yes, I can hear the shrills of shock and horror coming from all of you that have tweens that would "just die" for that opportunity, but what can I say? My girls don't even know who the Jonas Brothers are . . . and I don't really want them to just yet, Peter Pan however is right up their alley.) So we passed on the Jonas Brothers.

However, as we were leaving the park (about five hours later) they were STILL filming the parade. Someone over my shoulder said, "I can't believe how short Ryan Seacrest looks in real life" Ryan Seacrest? Doth my ears deceive me? Ryan Seacrest is here? Ahhhh!!! You'd think I was one of those tweens that was waiting to see the Jonas Brothers. My heart jumped into my chest and I looked a Ben. My sweet hubby gave me a huge sigh and a knowing nod of approval that meant, "I'll wait here with the girls, go" and I took off like lighting, camera in hand, to find Ryan! Of course I had to jump a few ropes, but soon enough I was standing on the second row waiting to see Ryan; who, by-the-way, was there to introduce Corbin Bleu who sang his new single. When I saw Ryan I held up my camera and yelled "Ryan!" He looked right at me and waved! I was thrilled!


6 comments:

Mindy said...

Hello Jonas Brothers are you kidding. We all love them at my house.
Im glad you all had fun.

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Ya, I have to agree with you... I'd be a lot more excited over Ryan the the Jonas Brothers... That's is great you got to go to CA.. We were thinking of going this Spring, but I think Jackson's still too young.. We are shooting for next Spring (2010).. You'll have to fill me in on all the fun stuff to do! I'm so happy you all had fun!! Have a good night.

bekka said...

Oh no... Jonas Brothers all the way, but Ryan eh...he's alright

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I'm not sure which my girls would be more excited to see. They are equally smitten with both. How awesome that he waved at you!!

Alicia W. said...

We just missed you! We were there the day before!

Layna said...

Kristy, seriously how do things
always seem to fall right into
your lap, you have some amazing
good luck. Great photo by the way!
Layna