BOAT! (Okay, heaven forbid we actually ever have to row it) we didn't get a row boat, but we did get a speed boat, or a ski boat or whatever you call a "normal" boat. For those boating enthusiasts it is a Master Craft X45 (which really means nothing to me--but I hear it is a good boat). Ben and his dad found a screaming deal on this boat and decided to get it together. Ben's dad is out of town which means Ben got to pick it up in Phoenix and drive it home. (please note: while Ben was driving to Phoenix, I had to have an emergency appendectomy . . . with Ben OUT OF TOWN! and to add insult to injury my mom and dad were out of town too. Thank heavens for in-laws and totally awesome friends willing to drop everything and care for me and my children--but that blog is for another time, back to the boat) . . . It needs hours on it before it can tow so we spent the weekend boating. First we tried Willard with Hilary (Ben's sister) Quin (her husband) and Jonas (their 7 month old son). It was fun and we all had a good (freezing and bug-filled) time. On Saturday, our little family of four ventured out together to Pine View. All was well until I had to back-up the trailer to get the boat out of the water. I consider myself a relatively intelligent person . . . until I had to back the trailer down the ramp. Luckily there was a park ranger and a hick there to coach me. Don't get me wrong, I listen to country music too, but this guy was your All American, country drawl talking, duck hunting apparel wearing, kind of guy. He was laughing his HEAD OFF at me. As he was coaching me down the ramp (and the trailer was going in side-ways) he said something to me in a mixture of auto mechanic-talk and country-bumpkin that totally didn't compute with me. In a fit of rage I screamed, "ARE YOU EVEN SPEAKING ENGLISH?!!" Boy, did that get him laughing!!!! (and me fuming). We are looking forward to a fun-filled summer! If anyone out there in blog-world would like to go boating with us this summer let us know! Some people with ski boats only want to bring real skiers and don't like others taking up room. We are not die-
hards and we really don't know what we are doing so . . . anyone is welcome to join--even if you don't want to get in the water. (and maybe I'll even let you back up the trailer!)
Hailey is in heaven on the boat. She LOVES it! She especially loves to drive it!

Aubrey is more like her mother and would rather sleep on it!

The girls loved being in the mountains

Hailey, Hilary and Jonas
P.S. being the woman that I am, I took pictures of people and the children and forgot to ever take a good picture of the boat! Sorry.
5 comments:
Oh wow!. Wow! How fun. YOu will have years and years of fun with this new boat, it sounds like you are already making the most of it. I really want to catch up soon, we need a visit...
Sounds fun!
Except for the appendectomy. Boo!
oooh fun! glad you had something fun to look forward to after the adventures during getting it here! i'm one of those "stay-in-the-boat" types so i laughed at your comments.
ok i am officially jealous! you don't know how good of a thing you have! we are so sad that we won't see you guys at Powell. Kyson will be devastated. I guess that means you will have to take us up to the lake this summer instead! ha
Post a Comment