Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dirty Girl

Call me crazy, call me whatever you want, but if I hear of a race entitled "Dirty Girl," I'm in! My neighbor and good friend, Lisa Barkdull found this "race" that is four miles of mud with obstacle courses weaving around Wheeler Farm. The proceeds benefit the Huntsman Gynelogoical Cancer Institute. It is for women only and it was a BLAST!
Now, grant it, I just had a baby and I was on bedrest most of the pregnancy, so let's just say the past year hasn't been too good for my bathroom scale. I've seen better days. However, I am TRYING and that is what counts! Part of my "get fit" goal was to start running and racing again. So what a better way to start than with some neighborhood pals at the Dirty Girl?
We needed a team name and costume so after some shopping and some really bad ideas, we came up with a "good" idea. Team Sponge Boob. Really, this was inspired by the Sponge Bob tanks we found at Khols. Next year we are going to be Team Sponge Boob Mom Pants. But for this year, Sponge Boob works. Here is a picture of our team and decorated team car. I'll post more "dirty" pictures when I get them.


Lisa being a real pal and shoving me into mud after my army crawl.
Crossing the finish line. It was cover in bubbles (like dish soap bubbles, that's what is on our legs).

Team Sponge Boob:
Amber Caughlin, Lisa Barkdull, Andrea Holbrook, Camille Sipe, Kristy Powell, Carrie Ainsworth, Shantel Fulton

1 comment:

wuxiheather said...

Lol you're so funny. If it's any consolation to you, you all look equally ridiculous and you do not look at all like "the fat one" of the bunch--you look like you fit right in with all those skinny girls just great. (I'm totally not joking.) You might be "the tall one" but definitely not "the fat one." I love you and am totally inspired and impressed by you--although I highly doubt I'll ever take up running.