Saturday, August 6, 2011

24th of July!

Yee-haw! It's the 24th of July! I really do love the 24th! Heck, I love summer! Last night on the Phineas and Ferb movie premier they had a song about the fun of summer, it almost made me cry! I love, love, love summer! And I love playing with my girls! Anyway, back to the holiday. Here is what we did . . .

Hailey and Aubrey LOVE dressing up Ashley for pictures. They usually take pictures with their  Little Tykes camera, but this "photo shoot" for the 24th of July was so cute I had to grab my real camera!

We went to the float preview (it's free and really fun) at the South Town Expo before the big Salt Lake Pioneer Day parade. This float offered a little (big) turtle you could ride on! It was darling!!!

This is Stephanie's daughter, Kali. They were in Lake Powell and Kali fell and split her head open. Stephanie came home with Kali to get stitches. I was glad they stayed because then they could spend the weekend with us! Look at that huge cut on her forehead!!

Of course we had to take a picture of this float! I love living in Farmington. I could not be more happier with "my" city!
On the morning of the 25th (because the actual 24th was on a Sunday) we had a big breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa Powells home. Then the Powells came swimming at Grandpa Places house. The girls that it was a blast to have the Powell's at the Place's!!! We had a great time swimming, but stupid me, forgot the camera! We had fun though!

No comments: