Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wedding of the Summer

 . . . and you thought Kate Middleton had the wedding of the summer. You were wrong! Kate's got nothin' on these beauties! (Pippa either!) 

For weeks my daughters and their four friends in the neighborhood have been planning a "wedding". I'd hear the girls say to each other "lets hurry and clean our room so we can go plan the wedding." As long as they got their room clean and played nice, I really didn't care what they were doing. So on and on this wedding planning went. They talked about it day and night and I pretty much ignored the whole thing. Days went by with wedding plans. Last night I found Hailey in the kitchen at 10pm with a bowl of water and cracked eggs. What the heck?! I was promptly told that the wedding was tomorrow and she had to make the wedding cake! I quickly put the x-nay on that, and told her she had to go to bed! We would deal with it in the morning. First thing in the morning, while still laying in bed, I heard the girls talking in their room about the wedding. Low and behold the door bell rings and it's two neighbor girls in wedding dresses with hair and make-up done!!! "It's time for the wedding!!!" shrilled through the house. 

What's a mom to do? I got my sorry butt out of bed and made a freaking cake. First thing in the morning! Hailey and Aubrey cleaned their room, got their "wedding dresses" on (which consisted of full slips and shrugs) did their own make-up (quite a sight!) and went to the neighbors house so the older sister could do their up-do. By the time they got home, I was frosting the cake. (I even put it in a bundt pan to make it pretty). I was deemed the wedding photographer.  Apparently it is a garden wedding. 

The brides (the grooms are make believe)

The brides and the maids of honor (I guess if it is not your "turn" to be a bride, you are a maid of honor)

The wedding cake!
Someday they will laugh at how seriously they took their "wedding day." It's fun to be a girl!

1 comment:

Steph said...

aubrey's makeup looks awesome!