Really, my children needed to come with manuals that say in big bold print "WARNING: IMAGINATIONS AT WORK" I think they get their ever vibrant imaginations from my mom, the queen of make-believe. This week, my children's imaginations got them in situations I never even thought to tell them that was against the rules.
Monday: Hailey and Aubrey are playing quietly in the basement. I keep listening from the top of the stairs and I can hear them giggling and calling each other "friend." About two hours later they come up the stairs crying and scratching themselves all over. They said it was the cotton-snow they were playing in. Upon further inspection, they pulled the insulation off the walls of our unfinished basement and rolled in it like it was snow! I called Poison Control to see what to do. They said it was the fiberglass and it creates little cuts all over. Needless to say, that was a really bad evening.
Thursday: I am at Enrichment night and Hailey decides Aubrey is watching TV too loud. She breaks an eraser off the end of a pencil and then breaks it in half and stuff it down her ears. Ben was able to get one out, but not the other one. We had to take her to the pediatrician and he digs it out with his tools. She bled out her ear for the rest of the day.
Sunday: Getting ready for church, Aubrey decides to do her own hair . . . and thinks that spray butter will work better than hairspray . . . we never made it to church.
The words "are you kidding me?" came out of my mouth more than once this week. I taught my kids not to run into the street and not to put their hands on hot stoves, but pulling the insulation off the walls, putting erasers in ears and using butter as hair products; I guess I just forgot to mention those.
private.
7 years ago

10 comments:
Oh my heck, you poor girl. Who would have thought to take and put a pencil eraser down your ear, How painful was that? Spray butter oh my, how hard was that to get out? These girls had quite the week.
I'm scared of what is to come!
Oh my! And they looked so calm at the party this evening... Well, thanks for the warning, anyhow. Now along with teaching Lilian about watching both ways for cars I can also teach her about the perils of insulation, pencil erasers and butter spray. :)
Wow, busy little girls!! I'm sure I'll be making the same post about Madi and Jackson someday... Your girls are so sweet! I find myself using the phrase "are you kidding me" a lot too....
unbelievable! I couldn't even laugh at these! (ok, maybe the spray butter one a little) I am soooo sorry for your insane week. and I'm glad everyone is ok(ish). good luck anticipating this week's adventures!!!
oh i am so glad when i hear that other people have weeks from you know where just like i do! i am glad that nothing was too serious and that you can laugh about it now just like being locked out of your house on your g's right? it was good to see you on sat! by the way aren't you having like 5 more kids!
When Loren and I fixed up his old boat we had to use fiber glass. It really hurts!
What a crazy week, your girls crack me up!
The idea of spray butter in your daughters hair amused me greatly :) And how did that work? Funny kids!
Britt
Oh WOW! Wow! Your girls are so cute, you can just hear their little minds at work solving problems with their best logic. Smart girls, just a few bits to learn. But really, what 3 year old knows that butter won't work on your hair or that insulation isn't soft? They sound clever and creative! Imaginations at work!
Post a Comment