I know I should be cleaning my house, weeding my garden (heck, planting a garden) doing geneolgoy or something amazing but the poem keeps entering my mind:
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,for children grow up,
as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
So instead of doing my household duties, I want to savor my time with my sweet girls. Every week we go on at least one field trip. Sometimes we go with cousins or friends, but mostly we just go together. I would much rather be spending time with my girls than scrubbing toilets (or even blogging, which is why I rarely do). I want to savor these years while they still think mom is cool and hanging out with family is fun! Here are some of our adventures.
Feeding ducks at a fun park in Kaysville with Stephanie's kids.
At Liberty Park with Alisa Cox Van Langeveld. Alisa and I have been friends since we were in 6th grade. We went to elementary, Jr. High, highschool and College together. She has known me for a long, long time. We have been together through thick and thin. Here is her daughter Vera and my Ashley together.
We also spend a lot of time at my mom's pool in Bountiful. Here is Ashley getting ready to swim!
This year for Christmas, the Powell's gave us Lagoon Season Passes! We spend at least one or two days at Lagoon a week. I even got adventerous and took all three girls to Lagoon a Beach! I love Lagoon we have tons of fun there and live so close!
We are half way through the summer and still have many fun things planned. Parades, Bear Lake again, Lake Powell again, Cherry Hill and whatever else we can fit in!!!


1 comment:
Wow! Now that's a lot of updating. I really think Aubrey's dance photo is super pretty
Post a Comment