The girls have seen me run (no, wait, jog) and train for events like the triathlon, 5k, 10k and half that I've done, so when their elementary school, Eagle Bay, was doing a 5k they were stoked to participate. I thought a 5k would be a bit too much for them, so we entered the 1 mile race instead! They were so proud of themselves for running a race "just like mom".
Towards the end, Hailey wanted to give up and walk, I told her it was just a bit further and to push through it. With some encouragement from me, she was able to keep up a good jogging pace.
Aubrey ran ahead of Hailey and I so she could run with a friend, but she was there and cheered us on when Hailey and I crossed the finish line.
What a surprise when Hailey placed in her age division!!! Good thing she listened to her mom, never gave up, and kept pushing through!!





No comments:
Post a Comment