Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bear Lake July 2012


"Oh what do you do in the summer time?" For us, it's go to Bear Lake (again and again and again and . . .)
Ever since I was a little girl I have been coming to Bear Lake multiple times a summer. It is so great to me to be able to take my kids here too! And yup, here we are at Bear Lake, again! 

The great thing about going to Bear Lake is that you finally know exactly what to pack. Every trip is similar, and yet offers new adventures and fun! Last month, the Mercers came, this month they couldn't make it and the Rudd/Hudson family came (Heather and I were staples this summer and came every time!) Here are some memories of this months mini vay-cay! (short for vacation if you didn't get it)

Ash, chillin on the beach. I just want to take and post  a lot of pictures of her little because I know they grow up so fast! I like her little teethies in this one!
Ahhh, the blessed coconut trees! This time around we ALL climbed them! I have a relatively severe fear of heights (that has gotten worse over time). I did great going up, then at the top I was overcome with fear and an anxiety attack . . . it wasn't pretty. About 20 minutes later I finally made it down. I have pictures but didn't post them cause, well, yeah. Above: all the climbers. Back row left to right: Brayden, me, Kim, Heather, Skyler. Front row: Aubrey, Hannah, Becca, Spencer, Hailey and Brittany. P.S. if you look closely, I have a big black eye. It was a shiner I got playing pool games with Matt and Mike Mercer.
Brittany, Becca and Aubrey up the coconut trees.
Brittany teaching Aubrey her back-hand-spring. (Aubrey takes gymnastics at USA in Bountiful and Brittany is an AWESOME gym coach in Salt Lake.)
Skylar is obsessed with a LAME cartoon called Adventure Time. He drew these characters from the show. We all did sidewalk chalk, but Sky's was the best. (even if the cartoon is lame)
We played some Minute to Win It games that I found on Pinterest. You put a showercap on your head and put shaving cream on it, then have your partner throw cheese puffs on it. Whoever gets the most puffs stuck to their head wins! It was really fun and funny!!!
Shower-cap-cheese-puff-heads!!
We also did Bendaroos! Here is our "wall art" display of our creations. :)
Just eating some dinner!
Ben brought up our boat and the weather was perfect! Even the water wasn't cold (well as cold as it usually is) Above: James and Rachael Rudd (the twins)
The boys of summer! James, Brayden and Skyler
The Morgan Family. Heather, Mike, Melia, Spencer and Evera. Heather LOVES water sports and boats.
Spencer really wanted to kneeboard, but was scared. Mike (who HATES water sports) said he would do it to show Spencer how. I was shocked that Mike would try. Then, Spencer was brave and did a great job!! If you knew how much Mike hated watersports . . . he really took one for the team!


I think Becca and Hannah look so cute in the picture, clearly Melia is not thrilled!


No comments: