Thursday, November 29, 2012

Kristy's Bucket List

I have been composing a Bucket List in my mind since I was about 10 years old. Of course, when I was ten I didn't call it a "Bucket List", but it was the same thing. I've decided I need to actually write down my list so that a) people know I'm serious about this, and b) I can feel more accomplished by actually crossing things off. I'm fairly proud of myself that at 33 years old, I've completed many of my life goals. Here is the list in no particular order.

Kristy Powell's Official Bucket List (or things I want to do before I die)

  • Set foot on six continents (N. America, S. America, Europe, Asia, Australasia, Africa)
  • Volunteer for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
  • Zip line in a jungle
  • Go on a cruise with Ben
  • Run a Ragnar race
  • Be PTA President
  • Fly in a plane with my kids
  • See Washington D.C.
  • Read the Book of Mormon in one month 
  • Live to be 85

Bucket List Items I've Accomplished

  • Dance on toe shoes (ballet) (1990)
  • Earn Young Woman in Excellence Award (1997)
  • Ride in a Limo (1997)
  • Go on a cruise (1997)
  • Marry in the temple (1999)
  • Have a baby (2003, 2005, 2010)
  • Climb the Great Wall of China (2007)
  • Attend a taping of my favorite show, The Price Is Right (2008)
  • Graduate College (2001)
  • Volunteer for the Festival of Trees (2006)
  • Ride an elephant (2007)
  • Volunteer for the Olympic Games (2002)
  • Ride in a helicopter (2009)
  • Eat Sushi (2009, been addicted ever since!)
  • Swim with wild dolphins (2009)
  • See a taping of The Early Show with Katie Couric in NYC (2005)
  • Complete a Triathlon (2007, 2008)
  • Run a 1/2 Marathon (2011--it was more of a hobble, but I completed it)
  • Drive a motorcycle (2012)
I reserve the right to add to the list at any time, but never remove anything. 

No comments: